Do’s and Don’ts for Handling of Paper Pallets
Paper Pallet is an eco-friendly structural product for carrying medium duty load during the shipment.
The following care and attention is anticipated during handling of paper pallet:
- Loading on pallets should be uniform & equally distributed on entire loading surface of the pallet. Concentrated / Point load is not recommended.
- Loading pattern should be in ‘Brick-wall’ form. The first layer (bottom most) is preferred to be placed across the direction of pallet runner.
- Do not step on pallet while loading/handling.
- Always lift & then shift the loaded pallet during handling. Avoid ‘sliding or pushing’ loaded pallets as it may damage the pallet.
- Lift and load one pallet at a time.
- Overloading of the pallet is not recommended.
- While handling paper pallet with MHE’s like forklift/stacker/Hand pallet trolley, keep the following things in mind:
- Insert fork arms completely in the pallet.
- Keep both the fork arms at equal distance from either side of pallet.
- Avoid drop/impact/jerk while handling.
- Paper pallets should be stored on clean, dry, flat & covered roof-top surface.
- Protect pallet from rain-water and hot/humid environment.